Allmade hit the market through limited channels less than a year ago. We started with ten founding print shops who traveled to Haiti with us to design and develop the Allmade brand and garment. During and following our successful IndieGoGo campaign, we added additional early adopters. In June of this year we opened access to Ryonet Band Member and opened up general wholesale applications. To date, we have made over 912,000 shirts helping contributing to the following world impact.
(All numbers are approximations vs the average cotton t-shirt, average shirt size, and available environmental data).
- We conserved 450 million gallons of water. The average cotton shirt takes over 700 gallons of water to build and much of that water is polluted with herbicides, pesticides and other chemicals used to grow and cultivate the genetically and chemical cotton referred to as Conventional cotton.
- We avoided using 87,000 LBS of chemicals. The average cotton shirt requires 1/3rd of its weight in chemicals that are used to cultivate, process, and finish the shirt. Using organic cotton protects the health of people and the planet by reducing overall exposure to toxic chemicals and synthetic pesticides that can end up in the ground, air, water, and food supply, and that are associated with health consequences, from asthma to cancer.
- We did not create another 131,000 LBS of “virgin” polyester derived crude oil and natural gas. That’s over 437 drums of oil equivalent!
- We did repurpose 5,470,000 recycled plastic water bottles. Each Allmade shirts has an average of 6 recycled water bottles in it!
- We have created more than 50 living wage jobs, supporting over 400 lives in Haiti, keeping families together and rebuilding the communities they live in.
We need your help to continue create a better world, one shirt at a time. Every shirt counts, every order matters, and with your help, we can change the world together and in the process, create better lives for thousands while solving the problem of our planets 2nd most wasteful industry.
If you want to accelerate your Allmade success, this blog article is built to outline the why, how, and what to do.
“People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. …” -Simon Sinek, Start With Why.
If you don’t have a strong why, aka passion or conviction that is convincing, you are not going to convince/convict anyone else to change what shirt they buy or wear. As you can see from the impact we have already above, in my opinion, Allmade has one of the best WHY’s I have ever come across in business. I know why we built and now passionately sell and advocate for Allmade, but what is your why?
Truly understanding why, begins with acknowledging the harm done to our planet and world because of the current ways that we manufacturer garments.
The vast majority of garments are produced to sell for the lowest amounts possible. Ignoring human impact cost, ruining the environment, and leaving a path of destruction behind them.
We then try to solve that problem by making donations or sponsoring programs to care for orphans or to clean up the environment that this destructive manufacturing caused in the first place.
The orphan wouldn’t be an orphan if their parents can care for them. An estimated 4 out 5 kids in orphan care worldwide have at least one living parent. YES ALIVE PARENTS, who can’t afford to provide them the basic living needs. The reality is that industries take advantage of developing countries, paying minimal wages, which we all know aren’t enough to live on.
The environment wouldn’t need cleaning up or saving if we didn’t ruin it in the first place. You vote with every dollar you spend and every shirt you sell. To understand why someone should choose Allmade, here are some resources I would point to and share with your customers.
On the Environment
- Allmade Environmental Blog Post
- Allmade Environmental Videos
- Tree's - The impact and positive effects of using Tencil® Modal.
- Water Impact Video
- Allmade Fabric Manufacturing VLOG
- Books to check out about the environmental impact of clothing
- Let my people go surfing” The Patagonia story. There is a whole section on the environment, its great!
On the Human Impact
- Allmade blog posts on social responsibility in apparel manufacturing.
- Allmade Videos on Social responsibility
- Breaking the Orphan Cycle
- How Allmade is creating Dignified Work
- Superior Ink’s Passion to Make It Better
- Snowballs in Haiti
- Ryan’s first trip to Haiti
- Purpose in Allmade
- Why we make t-shirts in Haiti - Ryan’s Vlog
- Great documentaries and books on social responsibility.
- Poverty Inc. Documentary on the global poverty issue, why economic orphans exist, and how we can fix the core issues.
- The True Cost. Compelling documentary on Fast Fashion and what it causes.
- “Doing Good Better” Book. Covers how we can use our time, talents and resources to impact world issues in a bigger way!
On the Printability
How to be Setup for Success
Now that you know WHY, let's be sure you know how to be as successful as you can be while sharing your conviction and promoting Allmade. These are the steps to ensure you are setup and know how to be successful.
- Visit our Ryonet Band Membership info page to learn more and use promo code “THEBAND50” to get $50 off your first year of membership..
- Help with strategic customer acquisition and onboarding your customers
- Growing your screen printing shop
- Getting setup with Net terms
- If you are interested, email us at email@example.com and tell us a little bit of why you want some help on your account.
We are working hard to create brand materials and assets in order to help you share the story of Allmade with your customers. Here are some solutions you can use to help share the story.
- Digital, all of our digital marketing resources can be found on our website. Here are some of my favorites!
- If you need help with a banner, stickers, or other physical assets we would be happy to evaluate the opportunity and possibly mail you something. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with what you need, why you need it, and when you need it by and we will communicate back.
- Samples and program support
- We have found one of the best ways to show your customers Allmade is to physically SHOW your customers Allmade. This is an AMAZING shirt and when your customer can touch, feel, wear, and wash it, they will understand not only the global benefits of what we are doing, the physical comfort and lifespan of this garment made to make it better. We don’t have a standard sample program setup at this time but we are excited to help support you in anyway we can. Please email us at email@example.com to let us know how we can help support you and your customers through product sampling.
What to do, Specific Marketing and Selling Strategies
It can be challenging to put together effective account acquisition strategies to introduce Allmade to your customers. Here is an example of targeting a market niche in the craft brew space that you can use or emulate to create awareness in other possible market niches that your customers reside in.
Who? (the Target Customer)
We have found the most successful Allmade customers are beverage companies, including breweries, eco-conscious brands and companies that put value in maintaining or developing a reputation based on quality, ethics and environmental responsibility (ie; outdoor activity related, coffee co's, restaurants and food co's, tech companies, etc.),
Why? (Aligning Your Values, Vision, and Purpose)
The reason Allmade has been successful with these category clients is because...
- Water Usage - Allmade Apparel reduces the overall water consumption of a garment and minimizes pollution of the water used, which both are very important to Breweries and eco-conscious consumers. Here is a new video you can watch and share about water conservation.
- Superior Product Quality Allmade not only makes a better shirt, we help make a better print! Here is a video you can watch and share about print and garment quality.
- Alignment with the story. Look and share this video from Drue at 320Ink that explains why values alignment is so important to the brands the choose Allmade.
How? (Mechanisms to Win the Sale)
Seeing and feeling is believing. When you can show your customer a better print, on a better shirt, and then tell them story behind it you will be more successful helping them truly make a better buying decision.
- Can you add some Allmade shirts onto an existing print run and hand deliver with some of our marketing postcards that tell the story along with their next order?
- Would it be worth it to print 6-12 custom shirts with a simple one color high end print to the target customer you want to go after and let them see how they feel, wear, and sell?
We would be happy to help you through our sampling and brand programs at Allmade. Simply reach out to your account rep or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to work with you to get some over.
Thank you for taking the time to read through all of this. If you are reading this last sentence that means you must be incredibly interested, dedicated, and excited about spreading the vision of Allmade. As a founder, entrepreneur, and aspiring world changer I want to extend any personal help that I can be to you to help us achieve this mission together, feel free to reach out to me at anytime, email works best, email@example.com, I am looking forward to it! Let’s make it better together!